|Job Ref:||204704879||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£20.00 - £29.90/hour LTD, based on experience||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:58|
We are seeking for a Procurement Manager with strong industrial / manufacturing/ production background to support the procurement, specification, inspection and control of materials and engineered goods for a Division in well established and very busy researcher site. |
Based on the southern Outskirts of Oxfordshire, Culham Science Park is within easy reach from A34, M40, Oxford, Didcot, Reading, Wallingford, Wantage etc. The Client offers competitive rates of pay, an opportunity to work in a modern, purpose built building with high-end technology and an opportunity to be part of a supportive and forward thinking team.
As a Technical Procurement and Materials Manager it is essential you have strong engineering / technical background and can identify suitable buyers, offer advice and support to Development / Operations engineers. To be successful in your new role, you must be able to interpret engineering drawings and have experience in arranging and monitoring tendering processes.
Desirable experience for applicants:
* Engineering/manufacturing background, familiar with engineering specifications and materials
* Familiar with QA inspection techniques
* Knowledge of engineering workshops and manufacturing processes and technologies
* Knowledge of Manufacturing and Constructability Assessments, Value engineering, Design for Manufacture, Rapid Prototyping, Assembling sequencing
* Experiencing in negotiating supply of manufactured items from fabricators
* Experience with inventory management and tracking
* Experience with MRP based procurement systems and inventory control systems
For full job spec and further discussions please call NA / apply via the website or send your details over