|Job Ref:||204706940||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Borehamwood||Address:||Post Code:||WD6||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum holidays, pension, bonus||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Site Reliability Engineer |
Do you have experience of improving reliability and optimising proactive maintenance work on a wide range of machinery? Are you looking for a new opportunity in a pharmaceutical company where you can make a difference? BPL has an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Engineer to join a growing team within a leading Pharmaceutical company that is currently growing due to significant investment.
The site is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty and has free parking available to all employees as well as the other available benefits:
* Performance Related Bonus
* Pension & Life Assurance
* Health Services Discounts Scheme
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
The main job purpose of the Reliability Engineer is:
* Responsibility for developing and implementing a sustainable reliability program to reduce reliability risks. This role will implement a process to track production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs. Identify and implement projects using robust root cause analysis to reduce those losses or lower costs. This role will operate closely with projects, facilities and engineering teams to ensure optimised efficiency of equipment and assets, effective reliability processes are developed, and a cultural shift towards World Class asset management.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Develop the reliability program for BPL. Implement the program in a structured approach in in-line with cGMP and GEP whilst bringing the Engineering, Production and Quality teams along in the journey to World Class asset management
* Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
* Provide hands on technical engineering support, training and coaches others in relevant aspects of equipment performance.
* Be involved in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to ensure on-going reliability.
* Perform analyses of assets including:
* Asset Utilization / MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) / MTTR (Mean Time To Recover)
* OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) / TEEP (Total Effective Equipment Performance)
* Remaining useful life
* Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
* Spare Parts strategy
* Develop engineering solutions to reduce repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
* Be familiar with implementing typical reliability risk assessment tools including, PHA, FMEA,RCA, RCM, CA, SFMEA, TPM
* Professionally and systematically defines, monitors and reviews Asset Maintenance Plans in conjunction with equipment SMEs
* Manage and ensure appropriate support contracts are in place for critical equipment as required.
* Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
* Expert working knowledge of Reliability Tools:
* Knowledge of: HVAC, Purified Water Systems, Sterilised Water Systems, Steam Generation Plant, Compressed Air Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chiller Plants, Water Treatment.
* Knowledge of Quality Management Systems within a Pharmaceutical GMP Environment
* Knowledge of Engineering Change Control processes, and how they apply during major or minor projects.
Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance techniques and how to apply them in the field
The successful candidate will:
* Have a degree in a relevant discipline, preferable mechanical engineering.
* Be a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer Status
* Have an understand of relevant legislation
* Have experience in a regulated industry, for example, Steel, Petrochemical, Nuclear or Aerospace.
* Have a working knowledge of Statistical Process Control & Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology
If you feel that you would be a good fit and that you meet the above requirements, please apply today. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application in regards to next stages of the process. Unfortunately due to high response levels, we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates.