|Job Ref:||204707057||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||29/09/2016 02:54|
Senior Naval Architect|
Our client is looking for an experienced Naval Architect to manage and lead a small team of Design Engineers producing detailed engineering drawings, and structural calculations for the production department. The ideal candidate will come from a Production Yacht background.
What you will be doing:
• Working within a team of designers & naval architects, to optimize overall designs of vessels.
• Managing the team's workload to ensure the brief is understood, the team is working efficiently and the team's output complies with internal and external standards, on time, on budget and fulfilling the brief.
• Ensuring that the finished vessel complies with all relevant Codes and Classifications.
• Calculating static and dynamic load cases, driving the design of the complete vessel.
• Producing Weight Estimates and Loadcases.
• Completing fabrication drawings and detailed technical drawings, to assist production
• yards and external contractors in efficiently produce the yacht and components.
• Producing engineering layouts and routing.
• Specifying appropriate hardware for the boat.
• Producing detailed tooling models, boat joinery and engineering models.
• Liaising with concept designers and stylists to make the concept design suitable for
• Production whilst managing production costs.
• Responsible for all design aspects of external supply chain, working in conjunction with Project Managers.
• Travel between yards and manufacturing sites, liaising with production teams and owners.
What you will need:
• A degree or similar level Naval Architecture qualification is essential.
• Considerable design and practical experience in the production yachting sector.
• Strong man-management and leadership skills.
• In-depth knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes.
• Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD software, ideally V5 CATIA.
• Have a clear understanding of marine systems used within yachts.
• Experience performing comprehensive structural calculations from both first principles and to class, with the ability to verify those of others in the design team