|Job Ref:||1600039N||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:04|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Leads a variety of business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing strategic opportunities for the business.
• Leads multiple business strategy projects; projects may be within a business unit, across multiple business units, or involve the creation of a new business venture, such as a joint venture, equity alliance, acquisition, etc.
• Designs and develops strategy through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Applies strategic frameworks to analyze opportunities and develop solutions; synthesizes environmental data, stakeholder analysis, and market force data as a part of the financial and business analysis necessary to develop insights and solutions to support strategic business decisions.
• Works closely with the CEO, COO, Business Segment Presidents and their staffs, the Board of Directors, and key internal and external constituencies.
• Communicates complex strategy topics clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences through both written and oral communication.
• Actively participates in campus recruiting activities; conducts interviews on campus; interviews professional hires.
• Maintains business partnerships by effectively leading internal and external partners, such as peers in other units, staff groups, and senior management and outside suppliers, to accomplish organizational goals and to identify opportunities and resolve problems.
• Manages, coaches, and mentors others; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree required
Experience / Skills
• Significant relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required.
• Strategy consulting experience preferred.
• Support Corporate Development Projects
• Projects vary in scope (JV Creation, Acquisitions, Divestitures & Strategic Partnerships)
• Lead corporate development projects.
• Develop financial valuation parameters and oversee development of financial models/assumptions for target project.
• Evaluate proposed transactions from strategic, financial, and structuring perspectives and play a key role in negotiations and deal flow.
• Identify and review business opportunities to help businesses achieve their growth targets.
• Support due diligence activities and actively participate in deal development, taking a lead role in financial and structuring steps, provide financial and business analysis and develop communication plans.
• Review contracts and understand their implications on deal structure
• Support target project (dis) integration activities
• Interact with investment banks as required
• Identify, support or lead diverse cross functional teams; prioritize task and manage work flows
• Anticipates needs with a strategic mindset; self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Champion the A-review and delegation of authority processes among business unit leaders.
• As appropriate to department structure, manage department Analyst(s).
• Proficiency in a secondary language is preferred
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .