|Job Ref:||204703572||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
A great opportunity for a Landlord and Tenant Surveyor to join an established firm of Chartered Valuation & Building Surveyors|
* That you are confident and able at client relations.
* That complaints are immediately passed onto the relevant director.
* That clients are kept informed of progress at each key stage to the required standard.
* That you are familiar with the Landlord and Tenant Act of 1954. You must be conversed in lease renewal and have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of that Act.
* That Rent Reviews and Lease Renewals are robustly negotiated on behalf of the client, and that you effectively negotiate in both verbal and written forms.
* That you maintain an acceptable level of organisation in order to ensure that you are on top of all cases adequately and to the satisfaction of both clients and the company.
* That you consistently create and source your own work.
* That reports are coherent, credible and have a logical flow.
* That admin are given the correct information to raise accurate invoices.
* That accurate and appropriately priced quotes are provided to clients within the required timescales.
* That appropriate background analysis of property history is undertaken upon receipt of instruction.
* That clients are appropriately advised in respect of use and occupation liabilities
* That you have an excellent understanding of both leases (residential and commercial) and clauses, and that you are able to apply that knowledge on a daily basis.
* That specific services are presented to prospective clients as appropriate.
* That there is a regular and consistent activity to develop new business by liaising with the Marketing and Business Development Manager.
* That you report back to the Managing Director on a regular basis on income produced, cases in progress and other items.
* This includes: Terms of lease, rent free periods, special considerations - extension / improvements.
* That thorough, accurate and fair investigations are kept on file.
* This includes: Notes on comparables, Phone conversations, confirmed and unconfirmed evidence, floor area calculations.
* That clients are appropriately advised in respect of repairing liabilities.
To ensure the following:
* That you present a professional image at all times, both in the office and to clients and to be an ambassador for the company.
* That you understand the consequences of your actions for the company and to actively share responsibility with the Directors / Managers / Supervisors for the success of the company.
* That you treat all colleagues fairly, working according to the principles of equal opportunity as outlined the Employee Handbook.
* That you are willing to work in excess of usual working hours when the balance of the company's work or allocated responsibilities requires this. We do not expect excessive working hours, rather we require flexibility when there is a clear benefit to the company.
* That you are aware of basic employment and health and safety law.
Team participation responsibilities:
To ensure the following:
* That you understand the Team Objectives and your own Personal Objectives;
* Can explain the expectations of your role and the measures of success.
* Attend one-to-ones on a regular basis to ensure your individual objectives are clear and up-to-date.
* Help and support new staff into their new role as appropriate.
* That you take ownership of work and contribute to making decisions.
* That you are a team player by supporting your colleagues as appropriate.
* That you seek to continuously improve performance by learning and developing new skills and keeping up to date with latest developments in the sector.
* That you undergo appropriate levels of coaching, development and support when needed; helping to identify your own:
* Development needs,
* Development activity,
* Expectations as a result of the development activity,
* Actions to support the development activity.
* Performance against business objectives as a result of the development activity