|Job Ref:||204703955||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Eastbourne||Address:||Post Code:||BN22||Salary:||£150 - £200/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:59|
Sussex Recruitment are looking for an experienced Site Manager for a 2 month contract in Eastbourne, East Sussex.|
The main responsibility for the role will be to ensure the day-to-day operations of a project run smoothly, including ensuring that effective methods and the relevant paperwork are in place so that the project runs smoothly and to budget.
This work will include; overseeing the supervision of trades and labour, ensuring the site safety of employees; organising supplies and deliveries of equipment and materials as well as reporting progress weekly to the contracts manager.
You will need to be have strong leadership and excellent problem-solving skills along with good communication skills. This role requires someone with the ability to think on their feet and make quick decisions with little hesitation.
Candidates should ideally be educated to HND/HNC/A Level with experience in relevant field construction field, in addition a current First Aid certificate and SMSTS certification.
• Ideally educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in Building Studies and/or have a relevant professional institute/trade qualification.
• Possess a broad background in building works with a wide range of knowledge on building and production processes.
• Possess experience of a sub contract environment.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
• Have a working understanding of production planning, scheduling and procurement.
• Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Be comfortable dealing with, and efficient in, processing paperwork.
• Be personally enthusiastic, energetic, dynamic, and positive and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
• Be cordial and professional.
• To be efficient and effective with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn't always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities