|Job Ref:||204704063||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:19|
Our client is a leading professional cost consultancy offering Commercial and Project services, renowned for their competency in the following sectors; Oil, Gas, Nuclear, Utilities including Overhead Transmission Lines, Pharmaceuticals, Fast Moving Consumer Goods sectors (FMCG), Commercial and Traditional Building sectors. Growth is continuous due to a solid client base with more and more work on the horizon.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have to be prepared to work at a fast pace, and deliver at a consistent standard.
You will be working as part of a highly rewarding, fast paced team but also be required to work independently when necessary. This particular role falls into the traditional and commercial building sectors.
Duties will include assisting the SQS in the following:
- Contract administration/ ensuring compliance to Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Oversight of contract amendments.
- Ensuring Client teams are discharging their contract commitments in line with the agreed T&C`s
- Assessing/overseeing Contractor claims for payment.
- Balancing and reconciling Client Accounts.
- Providing Cost and value management reporting.
Requirements for the Quantity Surveyor opportunity:
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have experience in a similar role working for a Commercial Project services Consultancy, with the salary on offer reflecting their experience.
- Experience in the Commercial build sector
- Previous experience within a Consultancy
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects
- 5 years + experience
- Educated to degree level
- A full, clean UK driver's licence
- The right to work in the UK
- Flexibility with regards to travel
Desirables for the Quantity Surveyor opportunity:
- Pre and Post contract experience
- Live within a commutable distance to Manchester
- Experience with NEC suite of contracts
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience preferred
- Previous experience in a Client-facing role
Please contact Chris Roche on +44 (Apply online only) if you feel you have all the qualities highlighted above.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients