|Job Ref:||204704095||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:19|
Our client, a leading Civil Engineering Contractor, is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Project Team in the East of Scotland.|
Predominately site based, the ideal candidate will come from a Civils background and have relevant qualifications in Quantity Surveying.
- Plan & organise efficiency of projects in line with the company safety policy.
- Meet company procedural requirements re. IT, standards, quality etc.
- Participate in the internal handover meeting at which project strategy is agreed.
- Take an active role in the ongoing discussion within the project team.
- Participate in the programming and resourcing of the works.
- Take responsibility for the costing of the programmed works to show monetary sufficiency of contract.
- Monitor ongoing financial performance and report any concerns to senior management team.
- Take an active role in the purchase of materials required for the contract and endorse the details of the order.
- Identify and investigate alternative methods of construction, alternative materials and errors within the tender contract documents and focus attention of project team to gain competitive advantage.
- Liaise with customers in a pro-active manner.
- Meet company standards of 'collaborative working`.
- Promote effective communications culture by supporting/participating in and leading team briefing sessions (as required), opportunity for improvement meetings and other communication mediums.
- Create customer satisfaction through delivery of completed projects on time and within budget and secure repeat business.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent package and the opportunity to progress within this forward thinking and successful organisation.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients