|Job Ref:||204704194||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£26000 - £30000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:19|
My client is a leading construction, property, residential and services group who operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. |
They are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting the General Manager/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise by working within robust procedures to support the director and operational managers.
• Support the project team in all commercial matters
• Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
• Ensure timely submission of valuations
• Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
• Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
• Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
• Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
• Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
• Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
• Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
• Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
• Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts.
• Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
• Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
• Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
• Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
• Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
• Literate and Numerate
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
For further information, please contact Liz Eid at Linear Recruitment - (Apply online only)