|Job Ref:||204704616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:59|
The Project Director will be working under the Head of Construction and is responsible for accomplishing project objectives by planning project activities; evaluating implementation and progress of the project. The candidate must be able to lead multiple projects and teams and manage the supply chain to deliver projects on time, cost and quality targets and standards. |
The Company is in a strong period of growth with several very large contracts currently underway. The company is specialised in building student accommodation and bespoke high end mixed use developments.
Location: Manchester / Liverpool
• Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
• Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets
• Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
• Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision-making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships
• Assist in procuring work by maintaining and developing industry contacts and liaising with Business Development
• Monitor and approve cost targets and financial forecasts to maximise profitability
• Ensure external consultants (e.g. design) are rigorously managed to enable delivery driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project's objectives
• Ensure defects and any post-completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed
• Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management
• Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency through implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls
• Ensure that labour and materials are efficiently managed, where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget
• Held a Project Director or equivalent position previously on similar construction projects.
• Excellent understanding of Health & Safety legislations.
• Broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise across many types of construction and forms of contract.
• Experience of successfully completing large projects (>£20-50m) and some medium or high-rise residential experience.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills.
• High level of commercial understanding and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to develop and monitor robust programmes on complex multi-disciplinary projects.
• A clear track record of successfully managing project teams.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status