|Job Ref:||204708775||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:20|
Project Planner - Hertfordshire - Contract - Long Term - Competitive rates |
Our client specialise in the design and construction of sophisticated environmental facilities, particularly Pharmaceuticals and Bio Technology industries.
Reporting to a Project Manager, your primary roles and responsibilities are as follows: -
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure design deliverables are structured to meet the construction demands
- Preparation of tender, design, construction & commissioning programmes
- Monitoring/reporting progress, highlighting any inefficiencies
- Forecast problems as early as possible enabling corrective action to be taken
- Maintain clear communication lines between all parties to meet programme deadlines
- Prepare earned value analysis (EVA) & S curve reports
- Ensure all project key deliverables/milestones are achievable.
- Preparation of tender programmes to ensure supplier/sub contractor deliverables are met
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Engage with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure timeframes are maintained.
- Agree procurement timeframes with the Project Team and actively monitor throughout the procurement period.
- Visit site regularly to monitor progress
- Attend site meetings with the client and site teams
- Preparation of programme project reports
- Preparation of look ahead reports to focus site teams
- Ensure clear communication of programme activities to site personnel
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.
- Fully conversant with MS Project 2003 & 2007 and an appreciation of Primavera software would also be beneficial
- Have an appreciation of design principals to ensure smooth transition into construction activities
- Experienced in carrying out and reporting Earned Value Analysis.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and clean-rooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experienced in the delivery of full turnkey projects.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients