|Job Ref:||204708839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:21|
Deck Fitters |
Exciting opportunity to work on large luxury Yachts based in Poole, Dorset for a Deck Fitters. We are looking for talented individuals that share passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
* Experience of working to a high standard of finish
* A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
* High attention to detail
* Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
* Conscientious attitude to work
* Punctual and reliable
Working to fit components to the exterior of motor yachts, Deck Fitting tasks include the; Cutting and trimming of GRP, Drilling and tapping to secure components, Drilling into a variety of materials - such as ply wood, GRP and stainless steel. Selecting, mixing and applying various types of bonding agents and sealants, including cosmetic mastics/silicones and underwater sealants. Installing exterior hinges and marine components plus, the occasional use of Gel Coat and applying and finishing fairing compounds. Experience with engraving tools would be an advantage.
* Able to work in restricted spaces, outdoors and, on the water if required
* Have own tools.
* Able to attend and pass a one hour Deck Fitting trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
* Able to read scaled drawings
* Engineering skill set, including the ability to drill and tap
* Experience of working with GRP an advantage
* Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
* Job Type: Permanent
* Salary Range: c.£24,900 - c.£33,000 per annum
* Booster Shift - The Booster Shift is 8 hours making the working week 48 hours it is
compulsory when it is in use which guarantees overtime for 6 months consistently. The Booster shift then makes the Salary c.£33,000 per annum
The 8 hours of the Booster shift are paid by the following
- First 6 hours are paid at 1.5 (Time and a half)
- The further 2 hours are paid at 2.0 (Double time)
Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 07:00 - 18:00, Fridays 07:00 - 13:00 (which includes 8 hours compulsory overtime).
Our client offers a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
* 4% non-contributory pension contributions
* 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
* Overtime when available
* Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
* Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
* Sick pay scheme
* Life cover
* Legal advice helpline
* Onsite canteen facilities
* Safe working environment (18001 accredited)
* Central working location to public transport
* Sports and social club
* Training and career progression with this global business
If you are interested please send your CV to Sarah or call the St Albans Technical branch for more information. (Apply online only)