|Job Ref:||204709855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:37|
An experienced Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager is required to join an established engineering consultancy providing solutions in to the rail and construction industries out of their Liverpool based office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing post contract commercial management of medium value/medium risk activity and support pre-contract activity within the project delivery team's scope of work, providing specialist commercial advice, guidance and recommendations to mitigate commercial risks.
We're looking for an ambitious individual with astute commercial ability to manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the reporting framework including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value.
As Commercial Manager, you'll need a minimum of 5 years experience of commercially managing investment projects as well as a good understanding of the construction/railway industries along with their forms of contracts (NEC 3 ideally).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:-
- Monitoring, managing and reporting on all commercial aspects of allocated projects.
- Monitoring site activities and review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts and attending all progress meetings.
- Provide pro-active advice and guidance to project managers on all change including proposed scope changes.
- Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
- Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project plan.
- Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs).
This role would suit an experienced Commercial Manager or Quantity Surveyor looking to get in to Commercial Management.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out more or be considered for this position, please contact Kate Wills at Vantage Consulting on (Apply online only) or email (Email Removed)
This role is based in Liverpool