|Job Ref:||204709573||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Hinkley Point||Address:||Salary:||£32 - £33/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:01|
Calling all Project Managers!!! This is your chance to be one of the first PMs working on the Hinkley Point project. Our client has secured a major Commercial Build project and has asked us supply a No.1 PM to help drive the project. You will head up a large site team from pre construction through to handover, this is a 12 month contract starting late October.|
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently.
- Managing project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme.
- Developing & maintaining close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the project team fully understand the design & specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Project Director on progress & issues.
Project Manager Experience required:
- A strong Construction background.
- UK main contractor experience working on projects of £20m+, acting as No.1 Project Manager.
- A proven ability to get the most out of direct reports and subcontractors.
- Preferably degree qualified in a Construction related discipline.
- CSCS Black Card qualified.
If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV for the attention of Dominic Coyne