|Job Ref:||204709506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:38|
Bid Writer - Construction & Civils
£30k - £40k plus Package
An exciting opportunity exists for a Bid Writer to join the Guildford office of a Top 10 National Contractor who is looking to strengthen their successful work-winning, bid team. This award winning contractor has a focus on Infrastructure projects with values ranging from £5m - £40m and can demonstrate a track record delivering projects.
Reporting to the Bid Manager, you will work with a team of Bid Writers and Bid Co-ordinators, supporting senior team members in successful delivery of pre-qualifications, proposals and tenders.
The role of the team is to:
* Lead and support on national frameworks by working with business units to develop schemes, submit bids and manage client relationships
* Lead national and strategic bids as defined by the C&I Construction Board, which include:
* New national frameworks
* Bids that involve more than one business unit
* Work in strategic sectors and new markets
* Bids for strategic national clients and/or major projects
* Coordinate business development activities across the UK, including key account management and customer satisfaction processes
* Provide specialist work winning support including bid writing, bid reviews, research and knowledge management
We are currently recruiting for Bid Writer who will be tasked with the creation of effective yet imaginative responses to pre-qualification and tender questionnaires. This would suit an experienced, driven individual who can operate under challenging conditions to deliver high volumes of quality written submissions yet meet tight deadlines.
The role will include extensive travel across the UK. Location can be flexible dependent upon the candidate.
* Coordinating and producing tender submissions;
* Creating high-quality proposal documents, including producing, coordinating and editing written content;
* Responsible for sourcing, collating, writing and winning construction competitive tenders for the company;
* Contribute to the team at key stages of individual tender projects, gathering technical information from internal departments in order to compile and ensure a high quality bespoke solution is offered to the client;
* Responsible for proof reading material and providing technical and commercial writing skills;
* Display a creative flair in their writing and ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines;
* Assisting with development of bespoke proposals, best practice information, technique guides; template answers and style sheets; and
* Building and developing relationships with a variety of business sector teams
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
* BA (Hons)/Master's Degree (or equivalent)- preferably in a subject with a high focus on creating high quality written work;
* Have previous experience in either a consultancy or construction contracting firm; and
* Industry specific knowledge of Bid Writer roles and responsibilities within the Construction market;
* Proven track record in the sector or similar role, preferably with a competitor;
* A proven track record in delivering successful bids, driving business growth and profit maximisation
* Excellent written English and communication skills;
* When needed, the desire and ability to work late hours to deliver submissions on time;
* Excellent organisational skills;
* Exceptional writing, editing and copy-writing skills;
* Will be comfortable working to tight deadlines; and
* Be able to thrive on new challenges and have the drive to progress the role into other areas such as awards, tenders and assist within Marketing and Business development as necessary
* Willingness and ability to travel throughout the UK
* Capable of working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however...we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence