|Job Ref:||204709405||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£37 - £44/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer|
Rate: £37 up to 44 per hour
Job Ref: DR633551
My client is looking to appoint a Senior or Principal level Mechanical Design Engineer to support growth of the key projects technical services team. The successful Lead Mechanical Engineer will have an eye for detail that can provide develop robust detailed designs for chilled water air conditioning and ventilation solutions and follow these through to installation and testing. The role requires a thorough understanding of how chilled water systems are designed and operated although equally important is the ability to undertake the design of systems associated with data centres.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will be part of the team that delivers high quality Data Centre solutions to the Professional Data Centre operators market and will take responsibility for the cooling solution and other building services type mechanical work.
Mechanical Designs will be developed from a Concept or high level schemes and responsibilities will include technical support to the project team, estimation, detailed design, tender, project management, installation quality control and on site system testing and design validation.
Essential experience relevant to the role:
* Design of chilled water installations predominantly for mid-sized M&E orientated Data Centre cooling projects (up to £20M)
* Coordination of contractors, suppliers and internal information
* Understanding of system controls
* DX & Chilled water installation contractors
* Air handling equipment, Chiller, Dry Cooler & DX cooling solutions
* Building services systems & mechanical installations including ventilation
* Appreciation of associated building services electrical and mechanical systems
* Producing & developing scheme designs through to detailed design
* Able to produce project documentation including Design, Scope, DesOps & IST documents
* Complete understanding of applicable standards and regulations
* Checking and troubleshooting chiller water & air conditioning systems
* 8 years design experience in an established consultancy or D&B contractor
* Equipment selection and comparison
* A high level of competency and experience using Hevacomp or other design tool.
* Working in collaboration with internal teams, subcontractors and clients
Skills / Experience
* HND or degree in mechanical building services & professional qualification
* Membership of a professional institute
* Project, site or work package Management an advantage
* Data Centre project experience would be an advantage, if not a wealth of chilled water system experience is essential
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other specialist Building Services Design Engineering opportunities across MEP please call Daniel Risby at Project Resource or email (url removed)