|Job Ref:||204707485||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£80000 - £85000/annum package||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:21|
Contracts Manager | Refurbishment & New Build Projects | Within M25|
Circa £80k - £85k + Package (£6k car allowance + pension)
My client is one of the most successful new Contractors of the last 10 years, offering construction services to clients within the commercial, leisure, retail, residential and high-end residential sectors.
Due to sustained growth and a strong pipeline of projects lined up, they are looking to hire an experienced Contracts Manager to work on a number of projects ranging in value from £3m - £10m.
They have a very varied portfolio of clients therefore the Contracts Manager for this role should have many years' experience in the construction industry, preferably within all building sectors. You should also be commercially aware, with a proven track record of completing high quality projects.
* Establishing project teams and management systems
* Configuring construction methods and programmes
* Ensuring the proper appointment and control of subcontractors
* Preparing project quality plans and site safety plan
* Liaising and negotiating with clients
* The management of progress both on and off site
* Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and programme requirements
* Reporting to the Board of Directors
* Directing the bid and tender process
* Overall responsibility of up to 4 sites - all within M25.
* Coordination of the design teams and contractor design packages.
* Implementation of the company procedures on site.
Desired skills and qualities:
* Effective communication
* Pro active
* People management/development
* Effective decision making
* Ability to motivate
* Self-motivating and self-managing
* Flexibility regarding work location
* IT inc. outlook, word and excel
* People management
Suitable candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate recent work history in a Contract Managers role with a medium sized contractor, and, ideally, have gained a professional construction qualification.
The role will suit someone who wants to join a business with a fresh and appealing outlook, where they will be given autonomy to manage their own contracts without too much bureaucracy, as well as working with good people.
On offer for the above position is a very attractive salary and package, and an exciting opportunity to work with a leading main contractor who have built an excellent reputation in the industry.
If you would like to apply for this Contracts Manager position, please email your updated CV with your current availability or call me on NA