|Job Ref:||204707211||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Kidderminster||Address:||Post Code:||DY10||Salary:||£22000/annum||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:21|
PVC-u Door and Window Fabrication Charge Hand|
Earning Potential circa £22k per annum (£20,046 basic with opportunity for a Productivity Bonus)
40 Hours per Week
Our client is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Door and Window Fabrication Charge Hand who will be responsible for directing and overseeing Fabricators, Improvers and Apprentices in the PVC-u factory, plus window and door frame fabrication and assembly ready for installation.
You will need to ensure windows and doors are manufactured in a timely manner to meet programme deadlines, production targets and that tasks are being performed in an effective and safe manner. You will also be able to undertake all aspects of the fabrication process including reading of drawings, setting machinery, operating machinery, using hand tools, fitting glazed units, and other such tasks required to achieve the finished product.
You will need to evidence 2 years minimum experience within the fabrication industry and have demonstrable knowledge and experience of relevant Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
The following are essential requirements for the role: -
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to supervise a team
• Ability to trouble shoot, resolve faults, problems or issues and drive performance
• Good numerical skills, ability to take accurate measurements, work within tolerances and work out adjustments
• Ability to carry out manual handling tasks and have a good level of hand/eye coordination coupled with manual dexterity.
• Promotion of excellent Health and Safety practices/compliance