|Job Ref:||204707007||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Barnet||Address:||Post Code:||EN5||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Our client is a specialist property and infrastructure business that delivers solutions and creates value for their clients. They are currently looking for a Building Control Surveyor to play a key role in the successful delivery of a large regeneration project in North London.|
As Building Control Surveyor the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of small, medium and large construction project work across the company's portfolio of works, ensuring delivery of projects is within regulation under the Building Regulations, Building Act and associated legislation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all works controlled under the Building Regulations and associated legislation are undertaken in such a manner as to comply with substantive provisions.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the Building Control Service so as to minimise the loss of work to Approved Inspectors in the private sector.
- Ensure the delivery of Building Control services to time scales and level of quality set by legislation, industry performance guidelines and internal targets.
- Prime responsibility for taking decisions on site of works as controlled under the Building Regulations and in accordance with clients policy
- Prime responsibility for taking decisions on allocated Building Regulation applications, Notices and matters as allocated from the Area Manager
- Use of technical equipment as provided by the client for testing/recording materials, and where necessary liaison with external bodies for testing. Record results, take appropriate action and be responsible for equipment carried.
- Ensure safe and efficient delivery of service by achieving high standards of health and safety and reducing risk
- Competent user of IT
- Knowledge of current building control legislation
- Relevant degree, full chartered member status with the RICS and/or ABE
- Clean current driving licence and use of own car
This is a great opening to join one of the UK's leading multidisciplinary consultancies who provide first class training, exceptional career opportunities and values their employees. If you are suited to any level of this role, email your CV to UKL for the attention of Robert Glaser