|Job Ref:||204706811||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£NEG Excellent salary plus benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Estimator - Construction - Glasgow|
Experienced Construction Estimator to join my clients growing team who are based in Glasgow. The company are a dynamic, forward looking Construction business, with a strong focus on the development of their staff. The company actively encourage and support their staff towards ongoing professional development activities.
Your main responsibility will be to support the business in preparing accurate and competitive estimates and also tenders to help win new projects for the company. You must come from a Construction and Fit - Out environment.
* Be responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from other members of the pre-construction team.
* Manage the production of the tender costs in consultation with the project planner, design manager and bid manager allocated to the project.
* To analyse enquiry documents for the issue of sub-contract packages.
* Assess labour costs, and price Preliminary elements, including compliance with all Management Systems, Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Policies.
* Undertake any cost amendments in a timely manner.
* Prepare tender and final contract budgets.
* Undertake site surveys, attend site meetings with clients and any 3rd party contractors as appropriate.
* Manage and prepare tenders accurately, on-time and in line with tender specifications. Carry out tender surveys either individually or in conjunction with Senior Management
* Able to work to tight timelines, and maintain a high level of attention to detail
* Strong understanding of day-to-day matters arising within a Construction environment and how to effectively resolve problems that arise.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong influencing, negotiation & relationship management skills
* Strong IT skills
Excellent salary & benefits are on offer for the right candidate