|Job Ref:||204705907||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stowmarket/Diss||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
We are excited to be seeking a suitably experienced and hopefully qualified Estimator to join our client, a specialist and highly successful groundworks and civil engineering sub-contractor. Based at their offices close to Diss and Stowmarket, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a highly successful SME who are able to offer very real development and progression opportunities as well as highly competitive rates of pay, a truly excellent work/life balance and great benefits too.|
Our client have over 30 years' experience in the provision of specialist construction services to a range of customers across the South East (and also some nationwide). In the last five years, they have experienced substantial and consistent profitable growth and are on track to turnover £25 million in 2016 (a 20% rise on the last year). In line with continued growth and profitability, our client are looking to add to their Estimating department by bringing in a mid to senior level Estimator, on a permanent, full time basis.
Within this position, the duties and responsibilities will consist of:
• Working closely alongside the Commercial Manager and Surveying team to take off and prepare accurate bills of quantities including relevant supporting dimensions. These must be presented in a clear and easily understandable format for the Contracts Team
• Effectively price bills of quantities using in-house estimating system, using agreed rates and outputs
• In line with company operating procedures, prepare tender submission letters
• Seek out any abnormalities between drawings and specification and indicate whether these may be beneficial in increasing profitability of the contract
• After tender review meetings, checking of rates with the Managing Surveyor before submitting tender to the client
• Provide information to the buying department with regards to the specification and quantities required within the tender
• Work closely with the Contracts Managers and site staff to prepare accurate information in relation to variations and claims
• Review pre-contract tender documentation with estimating staff to ensure that the price build up is in accordance with our construction methods and current minimum margin requirements
• Take an active interest in the ongoing development of the Estimating department, especially with regards to Trainee Estimators; acting as a mentor, identifying any opportunities for training and progression
• Identify and report where improvements can be made with respect to systems, documentation and processes within the department and company
This opportunity is a genuinely fantastic chance to join a company who are an an incredibly exciting time of expansion and profitability; something which has been planned and steadily achieved thus far. Our client are a truly professional organisation with their employees best interests always at heart, and they are seeking somebody who will recognise and this and seek to progress within their firm. They are offering a negotiable salary and package for the right candidate and a fantastic work/life balance and great benefits.
To be considered for this superb long-term career opportunity, we require candidates who are at mid-Senior level with exposure to groundworks, infrastructure works, housebuilding, or other aspects of civil engineering.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively via CV Library or call us to have a chat on (Apply online only) should you have any questions.
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on (Apply online only).
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs