|Job Ref:||204705814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:22|
This National Tier one Civil Engineering Contractor who have been working within the Highways & Infrastructure sector for over 100 years' are currently looking for a Project Director for a £60m+ project within the North West. The ideal candidate will specialise in being able to deliver the scheme from ECI through to competition.
As the Project Director you will have overall co-ordination across all functional teams to ensure that the project is delivered on programme exceeding approved profitability projections and in managing key risks to project profitability.
You will be responsible for the master planning and early development phases, taking projects through the various stages to completion and final handover. Your remit is to develop a clear and progressive development plan taking into account a cohesive and strategic asset management for the projects.
This is a lead role, therefore your remit will be to direct and manage all internal & external stakeholders including funders, Sub Contractors and the Governing Board. You will have management responsibility for the entirety of the project and under your guidance, the team will work effectively to link the commercial, design and contractual elements of each project.
Your target will be to successfully deliver these complex schemes against the agreed budgets & timescales and to the highest of standards.
* Prepare detailed project plans.
* Establish key relationships with the Government Authorities and other key
* Set up and chair regular progress meetings and report on weekly project
and financial progress.
* Ensure projects/programmes are kept up to date.
* Establish and monitor appropriate project operating procedures and
systems, specifically ensuring
management plan is being followed and adhered to.
* Take responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered
to for all projects.
* Manage, monitor and co-ordinate all key aspects of the project, including
but not limited to, cost, value, risk,
logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, design and environment.
* Ensure close out and practical completion schedules are completed and
* Represent the company in a presentable and professional manner
* Provide financial reports (forecasts, budgets, income, fees etc)
* Ensure a market leading service package is delivered to clients and
* Proven track record in delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong client portfolio
* Degree educated in engineering discipline is preferred but not necessary
* At least 15 years' experience
* Member of a Chartered Practice
* Proven experience in Financial Management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills