|Job Ref:||204705588||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||DA14 5AG||Address:||Salary:||£18/hour + Overtime||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
We are working with a large nationwide M&E contractor with a £200m+ annual turnover that have an impeccable health and safety record and work with prestigious clients up and down the country. Currently growing within the south of England, we have an opportunity to offer a mechanical site supervisor the chance to join our ever growing organisation.
A detailed person specification is set below however the essential attributes are to be customer facing, to have a can do attitude, be flexible and be able to handle different disciplines and to have a strong supervisory capability.
The role is hourly paid and a travel plays a major part in the role given the geographic location of our projects, there will also be the likelihood of working away from home at various times again due to the geographical locations of our projects.
Salary circa £18ph
Detailed Specification - Mechanical Supervisor Profile
The primary duties for the candidate are as follows:
• To supervise and motivate a team of Mechanical engineers assigned to the installation of the different systems for our client sites throughout the UK.
• They must ensure the site installation programme is constantly reviewed and health and safety procedures are met before, during and after the contract.
• While on a client`s site, they must ensure daily reporting to the site co-ordinator on the project's progress is made.
• Produce and maintain a site specific project job file to make available for review by their project manager and also the client's project management representatives.
• They must be highly capable to manage the delivery of the site installation activities whilst ensuring high quality standards are met and are in line with the client`s high installation standards.
• As health and safety is paramount, they must ensure that the site and engineers are kept both safe and tidy to comply with Health & Safety legislation and comply with the company QHSE procedures.
• To co-ordinate and address daily site issues and to update their project manager daily.
• To be able to establish a good and friendly working relationship with the client's supervisor ensuring effective co-ordination and delivery of the project.
Candidates must be prepared to offer solutions to issues that meet the client`s requirements whilst maintaining the company`s professional and easy approachable standards. They must also be able to see an opportunity within the task for other departments of the company to help grow the wide coverage of work that the business can offer to the client.
As a minimum the candidate must hold 1 of the following qualifications:
• Heating and Ventilating Equipment Advanced Apprenticeship (Planned and Reactive Maintenance) (Level 3) - England (9864-04), Or Equivalent
• Heating and Ventilating Advanced Apprenticeship (Industrial and Commercial Installation) (Level 3) - England (9864-05), Or Equivalent
• Heating and Ventilating Advanced Apprenticeship (Ductwork Installation) (Level 3) - England (9864-07), Or Equivalent
• Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services - Plumbing (Domestic) - Gas Option (6089-03), or Equivalent
• Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services - Plumbing (Domestic) - Oil Option (6089-04), or Equivalent
• Gas Safe Registration (Beneficial)
Works will include:
• Heating & Ventilation - Repairs, fault finding, modifications
• Domestic Water Systems
• Chiller Systems
• Compressor systems
• Gas systems (i.e. medical gas)
• Steam Systems
• Fire systems
• General Maintenance works, valve changes, pump replacements etc.
As a minimum the candidates must hold the following attributes:
• Advanced CRB Certificate - Maximum 12 months old
• Full UK Clean driving license
• SMSTS 5 Day qualification
• First Aid qualification
• CSCS Accreditation
• Asbestos awareness qualification