|Job Ref:||204709789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:44|
JOB TITLE: 1st Line Desktop Support Engineer|
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 6 - 12 months contract (option available to extend further)
DAILY RATE: Competitive Rate (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position
*** Please note: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position - We would therefore highly recommend candidates to research this level of security vetting prior to applying for this position to avoid any disappointment. ***
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a highly skilled and self-motivated 1st Line Desktop Support Engineer to join a talented 1st line support team to work on desktop implementation and hardware support, mainly on Windows 7 and also provide 1st lines fixes on a wide range of corporate IT areas.
Working as part of a busy team, the 1st Line Desktop Support Engineer will also support moves, adds and changes as well as new infrastructure installations on a diverse range of systems including desktop PC's and peripherals, laptops, infrastructure, video-conferencing and portable devices.
The 1st Line Desktop Support Engineer will also be utilised on BAU IT work for other business areas, where the work cannot be carried out during the normal working day.
The Desktop Support Engineer will on occasion work outside of normal working hours to resource projects which have no full time manpower allocated. This is a full time piece of work and the engineer has the opportunity to be employed most weekends to work on these tasks if they so choose.
This is a varied and demanding role where the majority of work is time critical, and without the support of Desktop Support Engineers, projects would not have the ability to complete on time.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Customer liaison. Post-holders must have excellent customer facing skills.
* Installation, moves, adds and changes including building refurbishments, site moves, etc. covering desktops, peripherals, laptops, video-conferencing endpoints and infrastructure cabling.
* Patching of fibres and copper network cables from network switches to desktop devices to a schedule provided by the planning team.
* Ensure configuration management is maintained and department best practises are adhered to.
* Provide regular and reliable updates to the team leader on task progression and closure.
* Collaborative working with other teams where required.
* Field support where additional resources are required by the Regional Support Team, including the provision of telephone and in-person support to users.
We are looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a team environment and is flexible to travel as the post may include travel across regions in the UK.
* Strong hands-on experience of working in a Desktop Implementation environment.
* Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated and able to act on their own initiative, knowing when it is appropriate to seek guidance.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Good understanding of current IT hardware technologies and software.
* Great problem solving using a range of sources and methods; suggesting innovative and creative solutions.
* Experience of incident and change management software would be desirable.
* Full, manual UK driving licence.
This role will involve core hours with an opportunity for weekend work and occasional on call duties.
This role may also require the post-holder to work flexibly, including outside normal working hours. Operational demands may require this at short notice.
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered is those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us