|Job Ref:||204709766||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£23000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:03|
Are you a dedicated IT professional with the ability to deliver IT technical support services? Are you technically confident with an excellent telephone manner? As a Service Support Technician, you will seek to be actively involved and in engaged in all aspects of IT Service support and service management activities.|
This is a new position within the IT/Systems Development Team (2) providing desktop, software and hardware support for the UK facility (130 employees). The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Technologies including Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office applications, networking and printer and peripheral solutions.
* Resolving desktop support cases and requests.
* Providing printer and peripheral support.
* Providing networking support.
* Setting up new users in Active Directory and Exchange.
* Installation and configuration of new hardware.
* Assisting with backups on a regular basis
* Support in maintaining the IT ticket system, logging, monitoring and resolving issues
* Support in maintaining the telephone system and its integration with other IT applications
* Responsibility for adhering to the Company's ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems and contributing towards continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server Technologies.
* Microsoft Office Suite.
* Good knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange.
* Experience with printer and peripheral solutions.
* Experience supporting various software solutions.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills are essential for this support role
* Ability to work with all levels of the business and work proactively to improve the overall integrity and performance of network support and infrastructure.
* Demonstrate a strong sense and application of effective team working.
* Must have a good understanding of software and hardware troubleshooting.
* SharePoint and SQL experience would be beneficial but not essential.
* IT skills accumulated with a similar recent position is preferred