|Job Ref:||204709731||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:37|
JOB TITLE: Linux Dev Ops Engineer|
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 6 - 12 months contract (option available to extend further)
DAILY RATE: Competitive Rate (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position
*** Please note: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position - We would therefore highly recommend candidates to research this level of security vetting prior to applying for this position to avoid any disappointment. ***
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a highly skilled and talented Linux Dev Ops Engineer to join an innovative development team to build and deploy cutting edge software applications and ensure the team get the most of these applications.
The Linux Dev Ops Engineer will look after the developer tool suite, promote automation and continuous deployment, integrating the latest big data technologies on open source products and learn about modern technologies as part of a wide development community.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Provide a single point of contact with other teams on tools for software development, automated testing and deployment.
* Assisting the Manager, developers and Scrum Masters in automating deployment and test activities
* Day to day support to the Development community on their key toolsets and environments
* As the SME, manage and keep on top of toolset updates, licences and tools' software released
* Ensuring the team's practice adheres to service management processes
* Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure their support needs are responded to effectively
* Managing with the defect process on the development toolsets
We are looking for a forward thinking individual who strives to keep up to date with the latest technologies and possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
* Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge with Linux Software and Apps is essential.
* Good experience with various operating systems - Linux (Red Hat).
* Excellent knowledge of common development best practices (e.g. TD, Agile, Scrum).
* Good experience in using and supporting Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo & Bitbucket) would be desirable.
* Good test automation experience would be desirable.
* Good experience with continuous integration practices and tools would be desirable.
* Strong familiarity with software builds and release strategies would be desirable.
* Ability to code and script in a variety of languages (bash, ruby, python, PowerShell)
We would consider candidates with strong 3rd Line support backgrounds that have an excellent understanding of Dev Ops.
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered is those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us