|Job Ref:||204709852||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
Our client, a leading telecommunications organisation are currently recruiting for an experienced Field Engineer/Electrical Engineer to join their existing team.|
Involved with the following, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe, quality delivery of Data Centre and Telecommunication Energy and Environmental products into the customer:
* Development and continuous improvement of electrical power aspects of Data Centre and Telecommunications site design, construction and operation methods, with particular reference to UK standards and procedures (BS7671 17th Edition)
* Supporting the energy Product Account Teams on Service aspects of opportunities. Clarifying Required Scope of Work and generating related Scope of work to service partners for pricing.
* Development of method statements with the customer and partners to ensure safe operation
* Review of project site survey requirements and subsequent reports before equipment installation
* Working with subcontractors to ensure site implementation according to methods, standards, plans & H&S.
* Ensuring the accurate technical reporting of all milestones
* Solving site technical issues
* Carrying out quality assurance, against agreed standards verifying certification.
* Training and certifying internal and partner engineers on solution design tools, installation and commissioning methods, standards and procedures.
You will have a demonstrable track record of:
* Delivering results - demonstrate a systematic and logical problem solving technique, in order to formulate and deliver to business SLA's and recovery action plans.
* Putting customers first - has the ability to work flexibly in a high pressure environment as required to resolve faults and issues.
* Dedication - can work with minimal overview/control to produce requested results
* Design and certification of UPS and battery backup systems
* Hands-on Data Centre and telecommunication power system rollout/swap experiences in the UK in a project engineer/supervisory/team lead/ capacity
* Design and certification of Telecommunication network equipment power supplies and connections, in the UK including breaker and cable calculations, component specification.
* Working knowledge of the design and specification of 48v DC systems as well single and three-phase UK ac supplies, meters, lightning protection, earthing, monitoring and alarm systems.
* Solving technical issues, working as part of a team with customers, colleagues, project managers, partners, and R&D engineers as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
* Relevant Eaton/Nokia/Ericsson/Nortel/Cisco element training and experience
* Communicating for impact - communicates effectively at all levels. Able to translate complex technical issues into plain language for making and influencing reasoned decisions.
* Hands-on wireless radio equipment rollout/swap experience in the UK in a supervisory/team lead capacity.
* Hands-on fixed network equipment rollout/swap experience in the UK in a supervisory/team lead capacity.
* Knowledge of Turnkey service delivery
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy