|Job Ref:||204709312||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:38|
PHP Web Developer Graduate/Junior|
An opportunity has arisen to join a fun and sociable Team at Focusrite.
The role is within the Online Team who are responsible for the management and maintenance of high profile multilingual websites. The Online Team serve the company by bringing to fruition global and territory-specific sales and marketing initiatives and identifying opportunity to grow brand and product awareness by utilising the latest technology.
The role would suit someone with a passion for web development and the eagerness to further develop a commercial career in a sociable environment. The role requires someone with self-motivation and the ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. At any one time this person will have a combination of projects and smaller tasks.
* Good written English skills required for final proof reading of web copy, system documentation and customer-facing support.
* Good eye for design and layout.
The following, ideally supported by an online portfolio and examples of application:
* CSS / SCSS
Advantageous Technical Skills:
* Experience of Drupal or other PHP / MySQL-based CMS.
* Ability to build CMS themes and templates.
* Ability to create custom functionality for content management system, preferably Drupal.
* Browser and device compatibility.
* Experience in creation of test cases and testing.
* Understanding of MySQL databases.
* Interest in accessibility and user experience.
* Back end maintenance and development of Drupal 7 installations.
* System documentation.
* Creating and editing content in multiple languages.
* Bug fixing.
* Driving continual improvement in all internal and customer facing systems.
We?ll be honest ? Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously ? though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let?s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that?s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it?s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits ? we?re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we?ll be looking forward to hearing from you