|Job Ref:||204709309||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Salary:||£43000 - £45000/annum + excellent benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:38|
My City based financial client is offering an experienced Virtualisation expert with a proven background in enterprise class virtualisation, server and storage technologies to join its team enhancing its Virtual Infrastructure environment (VMware, SANs, Enterprise server)|
This highly rewarding position would suit an experienced Virtualisation engineer with circa 4 years' of professional experience and their main exposure having been with server virtualisation products.
This opportunity focuses on maintaining and advancing the VMware estate and supporting the SAN and Cisco networking
• Responsibility of the running of the VMware estate, ensuring to optimise the performance, capacity and uptime
• Investigate new solutions and technologies that will further enhance or evolve the VMware estate
• Troubleshooting applications (proprietary and mainstream), system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
• providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
• supporting the roll-out of new applications or hardware;
• Installing and configuring operating systems and applications for Linux and Windows;
• Appetite to learn new technologies;
• Role is mainly 3rd line with some general 1st line support.
Required Skills & Experience:
•o Vmware Vsphere 5.5 and above
o Enterprise class server experience
o Storage Area Networks (SANs)
o Networking - Ethernet and Fibre
o Microsoft Server, Workstation and Microsoft Office suite technologies
Experience with the following would be beneficial but is not essential:
• o Linux
o Scripting - Powershell etc.
o Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
o EMC Storage platforms; flash storage
o Vmware Horizon View
• Pro-active can-do attitude with excellent problem solving capabilities
• An education background in either Computer science or Information Technology
• Circa 4 years professional experience in a similar role
• Excellent time keeping and prioritisation skills, so IT support issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build a good rapport with colleagues
• Industry related qualifications
My client is looking for a talented multi-tasker who works well under pressure and is comfortable using his/her own initiative. In return a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is on offer, including 5 weeks holiday and season ticket loans.
Please call Karyn Wilkins today to find out more or send your CV for review. This really is a superb opportunity for customer service focused individuals to join a leading organisation committed to delivering the very best advanced IT services and solutions to its users.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team. Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role