|Job Ref:||204707777||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£650 - £700/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:03|
Domain Architect - Public Sector|
We are seeking a Domain Architect - Public Sector with strong experience of the below requirements. The initial contract runs until the end of April 2017 and you will be working for a Public Sector organisation based in Warrington.
Daily Rate: Up to £700 per day.
The successful candidate must either hold BPSS clearance or be willing to undergo security vetting in order to obtain the level required.
* Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users.
* Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
* Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems. Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
Key tasks and deliverables
* The Principal Domain Architect is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology, makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Departments technology architecture.
The Principal Domain Architect:
* Has relevant certifications and memberships (such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Membership of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (NA) a Chartered Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS-CITP); TOGAF; CESG Certified Professional (CCP) Lead IA Architect) are desirable. Must be willing to undergo appropriate security clearance (SC or DV).
* Defines the future architecture through a set of principles, patterns and standards
* Articulates the transition from the current to future state, [in consideration of the future needs of the business requirements], striking a balance between standardisation, customisation, innovation, costs, and risk management
* Works with business transformation designers to take an early view of the potential ask of technology, and understand best application of technology to deliver business change and achieve Departmental objectives
* The Principal Domain Architect must be industry aware and consider emerging technologies that would benefit the Departments business ask.
* Widely visible internally and externally talking about work and technical issues, people seek them out for help and advice - a role model for technical architecture.
* Architecture Domains are: Application, * Data, * Knowledge * Information and Infrastructure, * Infrastructure -Hosting, Method and Tools, Networks, Security and End User Computing
* Expert in defining security architecture strategy and developed security architectures against a backdrop of competing business, security and privacy requirements.
* Deep knowledge of security and privacy risks and threats along with an expert understanding of key considerations such as confidentiality, availability, integrity, non-repudiation and privacy.
* Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the complexities of protective security with solutions incorporating expectations of Physical Security and Personnel security.
* Ensure the viability of proposed solutions and provide direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate security approach to Solution Architects.
* Able to describe load testing, simulating certain types of Denial of Service attacks, including Distributed Denial of Service attacks, so that assurance can be obtained that sites and applications work under realistic load (traffic) conditions.
* Understanding of UK Gov. Security Classifications
* Proven experience in developing large scale IT Architecture and its application in a complex multi supplier environment against a background of organisational transformation
* Recognised as an expert in their domain with ability to undertake detailed analysis in the domain and to develop further architectural knowledge
* A clear understanding of the current Domain and Enterprise technology architecture in their area, creates a definition of the future architecture and provides options for the transformation to that future
* Experience of driving innovation in their Domain expertise area
* Awareness of Agile project methodology
* Monitors industry changes in technologies and best practices to improve standards
* Experience in the development and usage of Technology Patterns / Models to achieve business outcomes
Please note the closing date for applications for this role is 3.00pm on the 30th September 2016
If you considering a move from your current role please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Bhavit Panchmatia on (url removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)