|Job Ref:||204707200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
Role: Project Manager (eCommerce)|
Location: High Wycombe
Rate: to £55k + benefits
The Programme Delivery Team is responsible for end-to-end programme and project management and governance of the company project portfolio that supports the P&L and realisation of the company strategy. Providing a consistent approach, improved control and clear accountability for delivery. The purpose of this role will be to deliver programmes (individually or part of a small portfolio) that enable clients to achieve their business goals.
The Project Manager role is a delivery role, focusing on the delivery of specific project / work-stream within the project portfolio and to provide the governance that supports the P&L
Project Management Responsibilities
• Support the client in scoping and mobilizing projects. Includes thorough understanding of company governance processes and coaching of clients in adherence to them.
• Prepare and regularly maintain project plans based on work packages which are agreed with suppliers (internal and external). Hold regular calls and meetings to enable Issue resolution, project change control and status monitoring in terms of delivery to agreed timescales and budgets. Ensure requisite attendance at meetings and log headline minutes and actions and progress as appropriate.
• Report progress in agreed format and identify and escalate key risks and issues.
• Develop co-operative working relationships across all company functions to maximize programme delivery efficiency through effective use of all available resources.
• Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation, and delegation
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Team player and able to manage others through teamwork
• Understanding and experience with related business and development processes
• Excellent time management skills
• Goal-oriented - ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
• Fast learner with ability to operate effectively in new environments
• Able to collaborate as a strong team member in a fast-paced environment
• Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve the problems
• Able to influence individuals at all levels in different departments, including senior executives
• High degree of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness, and high tolerance of ambiguity
Professional / technical competences
Project management skills:
• Risk management with risks identified, options agreed & plan in place. Contingency planning - in depth knowledge of both contingency planning and mitigation
• Expertise in E-commerce
• Retail sector experience
• Budget control
• Supplier management
• Contract management and negotiation
• Able to manage a portfolio of loosely related projects and programmes
Other Experience Essential for the job:
• Relevant industry experience within a ecommerce /retail product environment
• Specific experience of delivering technology and organisational change projects
• Broad knowledge of technology / media / telecoms sector and strong competitor awareness
• Understanding of product development life cycle, product design and implementation.
• Knowledge and understanding of process design and implementation
• Change management (organization and cultural skills)
• Experience of development of processes and roles within associated functional departments
• Negotiation skills
• Prince Practitioner, Membership of APM, IPM or 6 Sigma is advantageous but not essential.
Degree qualification is advantageous but not essential