|Job Ref:||204706939||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
We have exciting opportunities to join a global pharmaceutical company who are looking to increase their BI team with 3 new BI analyst hires with one each focusing on finance, advanced analytics and a more general role. This is a great time to join an expanding BI team working on cutting edge technologies.|
We have opportunities for talented individuals to join our growing BI Analytics team which is delivering industry-leading analytics solutions and insight to the following global functions:
* Finance, HR, Compliance and Corporate Affairs
* Global Product & Portfolio Strategy and Global Analytics and Insight
* Global Medical Affairs
The ideal candidates will possess a blend of analytics experience, computational science skills and delivery within a pharmaceutical or similar commercial environment.
These individuals will have a passion for problem solving, be detail orientated and have excellent analytics and data manipulation skills. They should be equally comfortable building a dashboard or report and using machine learning algorithms to predict trends and events. Queries will range from simple KPI questions involving a single source of data to complex predictive analytics over heterogeneous data sources. The solutions delivered could be ad-hoc or part of a larger project. The candidates must be delivery focused, eager to learn new skills and have commercial 'nous' to tailor the analytics approach to the business need and context.
The successful candidates will deliver tangible value to customers through the development of ad-hoc and large-scale analytics solutions. This will be achieved by:
* Provide high quality, ad-hoc and project-based analytics input to support the business
* Establishing strong working relationships with business customers to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand
* Developing a robust understanding of the data sources, in particular the data provenance, quality and structure
* Support business exploitation of the 'Data Lake': identification of business priorities, developing relevant & efficient analytics strategies (data sources, queries, algorithm design), quality checking and delivering the output into a BI tool for consumption by end user(s)
* Being the dedicated analytics support for specific customer area(s) with and having the ability to flex skills to support broader analytics needs in other areas within the team as needed e.g., Finance, Compliance, HR, GMA
* When required, taking on project management activities for small / medium sized analytics projects
* Undertaking business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
* Testing and quality assessment of new tools and products
* Be an active member of the BI Analytics team which may include staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training provision etc.
* Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, best practice and new developments in analytics and data science
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following experience, capabilities & skills:
* 5 years+ data advanced analytics experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical, financial or other commercial environment
* Proven experience of implementing advanced techniques into BI deliverables
* Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science or Computing
* In-depth knowledge of statistics, predictive data modeling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies (e.g. R, Scikit, Spark)
* Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving knowledge from unstructured text
* Sufficient knowledge of the domain (or willingness to learn) such that the individual has credibility with the business and can work independently with relevant data sources, systems and tools to enable project progression
* Ability to explain complex methods and techniques succinctly to a non-technical audience
* In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
* Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
* Influencing and Innovation skills
* Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
* Good written and verbal skills, fluent English