|Job Ref:||204706301||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winchester||Address:||Post Code:||SO23||Salary:||£200 - £250/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:03|
A Programme/Project Planner is required for 3 months (likely to be extended) based in Winchester.|
The Programme/Project Planner will be the central planner role in the CIP PMO team responsible for scheduling, forecasting and progress tacking across multiple major programmes and projects.
Day to day duties -
* Build, own, develop and ensure the maintenance of plans held in the planning system (Primavera P6).
* Provide stakeholders with concise, accurate and practical plans/schedules complete with status, forecast and trends facilitating clear, timely decisions for the successful delivery of customer programmes.
* When required, undertake scenario planning based on supplier & internal resource availability and participate in analysing the impact of changes on plans.
* Engage with and advise CIP Programme Directors, Programme, Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders, to maintain the accuracy integrity of their plans.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to the programme teams to achieve good, consistent, project planning.
* Document and communicate processes to ensure consistency in the use of Primavera P6.
* Support the production of management reports with schedule and progress status information.
* Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
Experience required -
* Experience in the use of Primavera P6
* Good working knowledge and demonstrable experience of programme planning and scheduling in large, multi-disciplined programmes
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Working knowledge standard planning and reporting tools e.g. MS Project
* Desktop automation skills(MS Office Suite and use of database applications)
* Proven experience in Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes.
* Understanding of budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
* A passion and commitment to quality and standards and be good at proposing new ideas and approaches to support continuous improvement.
* Previous experience within the Telecommunications or Broadcast industry is preferable but not essential.
This role is to start asap and will pay £250 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)