|Job Ref:||204706044||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:04|
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
3+ months Contract
About Capita | Secure Software and Technology
Capita Software and Technology is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Purpose of Job:
Capita Secure Digital Solutions is a leading developer and supplier of IT systems across the Public Safety and Criminal Justice sectors.
The EvidenceWorks product suite is a market leading solution providing multimedia Digital Evidence Management and video Interview recording capability designed specifically for the Police. Built on a Windows platform, the solution supports video streaming and processing utilizing technology for audio/video editing, playback, etc. whilst auditing user behavior.
The role is within the existing product software development team and will require hands on software development as a senior member of the team.
Scope of role
This Embedded Tester role is a new position within a team of developers tasked to deliver a multi-streamed project within agreed delivery timescales.
You will be responsible for installing software builds onto a dedicated test environment, executing Unit Test Plans and other ad-hoc testing to ensure the delivered solution matches the agreed requirements to a satisfactory quality.
A self-starter with proven Quality Assurance skills, the successful candidate will be well organized, operating with minimal supervision whilst following a structured process and working well with a team of developers.
* Contributing in a meaningful way to team goals and objectives to increase quality and efficiency of development output.
* Plan, develop, coordinate, and perform testing on software builds and components ahead of independent System Testing
* Align software test activities to meet Product Development process schedules using best practice
* Maintaining the embedded test environment
* Collating and reporting of test results to development team and to Product Management
* Be an outspoken, proactive champion of EvidenceWorks
* Experience of software Quality Assurance methodologies.
* Experience of Windows technologies (in particular C++ & C#) including Testing, analysing and reporting faults/bugs found within a structured software development environment.
* Experience of Testing Client/Server and Web based applications.
* Strong understanding of software test lifecycle, testing methodologies & techniques.
* Experience in writing/debugging C++ and C#.
* Experience of Audio / Video software development.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we understand what it is like to work as a Contractor and do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated On-Boarding and Extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal allowing you to submit your timesheets wherever you are. And of course there are plenty of opportunities available throughout Capita.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us