|Job Ref:||204705597||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||29/09/2016 03:45|
Our client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. They are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The purpose of Enabling Units, GPPS & GMA IT is to partner with Enabling business units/functions (Finance, HR/Learning, Legal, Global Compliance, Corporate Affairs), GPPS, GMA and GPEP teams to improve financial, portfolio, competitive intelligence and market data capture, management, reporting and analytics and to drive simplification in business processes in these areas. The ambition of Enabling Units, GPPS & GMA IT is to provide world-class expertise and leadership in Technological solutions, BI Analytics and Information Delivery that accelerates and improves Financial and Strategic Decision Making, coupled with radical simplification of business processes to drive efficiency and productivity.
Delivering the Enabling Units, GPPS & GMA IT portfolio of projects and services needs people with hybrid skill sets covering technical, analytical, project management, service management, BRM and business analysis skills, combined with an excellent knowledge of Enabling functions and GPPS and GMA processes.
The Business Performance group is a critical function responsible for managing a wide range of "Manage the Business" activities on behalf of the leadership team. These include budget planning and financial management; portfolio planning; resourcing and sourcing where applicable. The function aggregates all performance information and presents both internal and external scorecards and supports the orchestration of improvement initiatives. The function is also responsible for the management of all supporting information sources aimed at maintaining compliance, supporting effective management and underpinning Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) awareness. The function supports the entire EU, G&G IT organisation and is therefore global in its nature.
The Business Performance Manager will develop and evaluate a comprehensive set of strategic management and measurement processes that link strategic objectives to key performance indicators for the EU G&G IT functional area and provide accurate management reporting on performance to the Leadership Team.
The Business Performance manager is responsible for:
Business Performance reporting
* Create and own assessment of all aspects of business performance in the functional area, create and design appropriate measures, evaluate metrics and outputs and report on business performance and trends so that LT understand business performance against key indicators, risks and actions to mitigate risks
* Communicate performance and trends to ISLT to identify risks at the earliest stage possible
* Risk management across the whole application estate and for ensuring that heat maps and continuous improvement plans are created.
* Reporting on ongoing vendor management and for supporting the function in their performance management of suppliers
* Analysis of performance against benchmarking and bill of IT reporting.
Strategy and objectives management
* Create and own the scorecard framework for the functional leadership team, ensuring that the measures are aligned to the strategic business priorities and provide a realistic overview of business performance against targets
* Drive the annual process for developing and improving the functional scorecard, ensuring individual objectives are aligned to the scorecard measures.
* Identify and implement improvement initiatives across processes and the team
* Report to the Business Performance Director
* Work collaboratively with:
* Functional leadership as the key interface and source of management of business performance against key indicators, areas of risk, and actions to mitigate risks
* Peers across IT and business stakeholders to share best practice, drive standardization and share knowledge and insight.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following experience, capabilities & skills:
Education and experience
* 7 years+ experience in a business / service analytics, service level management and reporting role
* Industry experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical Financial, Commercial or Development domain
* Prior IT business performance management or related field experience
* A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
* Professional qualification in a related discipline, finance / portfolio/ project / programme management