|Job Ref:||204705395||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salford||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Salary:||£600 - £800/day||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:18|
Head of Cyber Security Operations|
CV Submission Deadline: 29/09/2016 - 14:25
The Maximum Pay Rate: £800 (MAX)
Location: Salford (some travel to London)
Contract Length: 12 Months
Clearance Level Required: SC
Head of Cyber Security Operations. Heading up the CSOC for the entire Home Office, you will be responsible for managing a team of 20-30 operatives once fully build. Monitoring systems, taking action, implementing processes and functions, monitoring attacks - You will be working with a build team, so must have ability to influence.
Responsible for developing and articulating the vision for Technology Operations Management. Defining expected delivery outputs and standards. Require capability needed to manage the day-to-day operations of services; and handling user requests and queries. Working across the professional community, the Head of Role will ensure consistent strategic direction for the profession and set this future vision for all levels of the organisation, aligned to the Technology KPIs and individual performance measures agreed. This includes defining the requirements (capacity and capability) needed now and in the future. The Head of Role is responsible for the growth of professional capability by determining the approach to developing the roles and function e.g. ensure that people have the right capability for the new user-focused Service Management approach including ServiceNow and Microsoft & Apple.
Essential: Running a SOC in a large organisation. Excellent people management skills, task delegation, organising staff. Knowledge of Cyber Security.
Desirable: Setting up a SOC from scratch.
* Recruiting, training and mobilising a Cyber-Security Operations team within Live Services
* Agreeing the scope and coverage of the CSOC and ensuring the necessary architecture, design, operations and integration plans are prepared and approved
* Working with service providers (internal and external) to integrate their security operations capability with the overarching CSOC
* Developing relationships with CSOC development activities in other government departments and with the National Cyber Security Centre to share best practices and interoperability
1. Extensive experience of outsourcing of IT services, and of working with 3rd party suppliers
2. Good communication skills, verbal and written, and a good understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences
3. A deep understanding of cyber-security operations and risk-management in the delivery of IT services
4. Strong leadership qualities and the ability to inspire a new approach to security operations as a fundamental component of Service Management.
5. Ability to build strong effective partnerships with peers across the technology organisation and beyond to security professionals and business risk owners
6. Very good spoken and written English
Senior Contracts Consultant
IT Security - Networks & Infrastructure
Interaction Recruitment plc
24b Lands Ln, Leeds LS1 6LB
T:(Apply online only) | M:(Apply online only)
Hot 100 Winner 2010 - UK's Number 1 General Recruiter