|Job Ref:||204705297||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£25000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:18|
PHP Web Developer / Senior PHP Developer|
Manchester City Centre
£25k-£40k Dependent Upon Experience
Our Client builds and deploys the e-commerce and commerce systems that power on and offline sales for some of the UK's leading retailers. They are constantly pushing the boundaries of functionality and customer experience through the creative use of new and existing technologies.
Unlike the third party platforms used by other digital firms, all our client's software is developed in-house. This means code accountability and constant innovation. With publicly listed customers committed to furthering their online capabilities, there's no standing still. Their client's sites are some of the most groundbreaking, customer-centric experiences available.
They are also an excellent place to work; There is constant knowledge sharing, regular formal and informal social groups / activities and spacious offices in the heart of the City. As expected there are many of the usual perks associated with a successful tech firm including child care vouchers and bike to work. Most importantly, they take pride in developing an environment suited to the best developers and respect everyone as an individual.
PHP Developer / Senior PHP Developer Responsibilities:
* Web application development, mainly in OO PHP
* Be involved in technical discussion and build subject matter expertise
* Build new features with consideration for testability and extensibility
* Share knowledge internally and externally via internal discussions / presentations and technical blog posting
PHP Developer / Senior PHP Developer Requirements:
* Commercial development experience
* A personal passion for and experience with PHP development
* A solid understanding of OO programming concepts.
* Good knowledge of SQL
* Strongly Prefered
* Linux and/or UNIX.
* A developed understanding of website and interface aesthetics would also be an advantage