|Job Ref:||204704319||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Long Marston||Address:||Post Code:||CV37||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:19|
Sims Group UK Limited|
Network Engineer - Long Marston Head Office
A vacancy has arisen for a Network Engineer based at our Long Marston Head Office.
The purpose of the Network Engineer is to support the Network Manager in maintaining and managing the data / voice networks and server infrastructure in terms of performance and security, and to act as second line support to the helpdesk for network issues.
Key accountabilities of the Network Engineer include:
• Support the Network Manager in establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
• Maximizing network performance and availability by monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with third parties
• Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources, promptly fixing problems as or before they occur
• The support and administration of voice and firewall environments in line with IT security policies
• Occasional responsibility for new projects that define group standards
• Ensure that Global strategy is conformed to
• To assist the Group Network Manager in maintaining the data centres
• To advise on network security issues, and adopt appropriate best practice
• To keep track of new technologies and initiate R&D into new systems as required
• To provide technical support on Network systems as second line support to the helpdesk
• To be responsible for the installation and configuration of site networks and servers
• Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
• Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community.
Applicants must be educated to graduate standard or equivalent with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role. They must have CCNA and MCP qualifications, CCNA Voice or higher would be highly desirable. Competence and extensive experience of implementing and managing systems utilising both Cisco and Microsoft technologies in a corporate environment is essential. The candidate must have a strong technical background and be a logical problem solver with the ability to diagnose and repair systems in the minimum amount of time. The applicant would have strong organisational skills combined with the ability to prioritise tasks with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. The chosen employee must have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, have strong written and verbal communication skills with integrity and confidentiality