|Job Ref:||204704146||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£450 - £520/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:04|
Digital Delivery Manager Senior - up to £520/ day - 12 month contract - Birmingham*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Delivery Manager to join one of our key central government clients in Birmingham. This successful candidate will oversee and manage a team of Agile Delivery Managers, providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile delivery across the team. You will be responsible for managing one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Helping teams organise themselves and plan their work, ensuring they deliver products and services that actually meet users' needs.
* Helping teams focus on defining and meeting agreed goals
* Ensuring teams clearly communicate their plans through recognised agile practices
* Identifying the people/skills/resources that teams need to deliver to the agreed goals
* Identifying and communicating risks, issues, dependencies and blockers
* Participating in the Delivery Manager community, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve
* Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
* Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process.
* Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories.
* Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
* Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team.
* Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
* Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
Essential skills and experience:
* Strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a demanding, high profile agile environment.
* Looking for people are passionate about agile working, who care about technology and who know how to make projects succeed. And we want people who believe that how you work is as important as what you deliver.
* You will be bright, empathetic, persuasive and perseverant.
* Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
* Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
* Understanding of the digital landscape
* Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams