|Job Ref:||204703540||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
Embedded Engineer with ability to interface functionality & Features into Windows CE devices sought for immediate project.|
Work from Home Status for a couple days a week on offer. Maybe more as time progresses, but initially you need to be comfortable with a commute into London for a few days a week.
You will be working on a cutting Edge Tablet, Mobile Applications product for an Enterprise Customer client base.
My client is looking for an Embedded Software Developer to work closely with our current consultant to manage the development and testing of all of the company's Firmware across all its product lines.
You WILL need experience in the following:
• Develop and debug Embedded devices with Visual Studio 2008+ with C# .NET Compact Framework
Experience working with Windows CE 6 & 7
• Experience with Linux administration and development, including Linux Kernel builds, device drivers and userspace applications.
• Experience with Yocto Embedded Linux for building Linux distributions
• Use of web services, WCF, JSON etc. for data-transmission
• Use of Embedded databases and ORMs within applications eg SQLite
• Experience with Mono, running .NET applications on Linux
• Preferably with some knowledge of Platform Builder tool-chain
• Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP communications, including the OSI model and layer 7 protocols such as FTP and HTTP
• Knowledge and use of XML
• Developing Embedded applications with the C language
• Developing and debugging with the IAR Systems Embedded Workbench for ARM
• Knowledge of mesh networking protocols, 802.15.4 radio standard
• Background in mesh networking stacks, eg Zigbee, 6LowPan
• Use of source control tools such as Subversion, Git
• Exposure to software configuration management tools such as Assembla
• Awareness of crypto considerations for authentication and encryption, use of public key encryption/SSL certificates
• Experience with VPN technologies such as OpenVPN