|Job Ref:||204709099||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £40000/annum Pension, Private Medical + More||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:38|
A Technical Author/Writer is required to take ownership of the production of technical materials for a software development company`s sample applications and SDKs which are part of their connectivity based software products for the automotive and mobile markets.|
They are looking for a Software Technical Author with a difference - someone who enjoys understanding the code as well as documenting it. Perhaps an aspiring software developer (C++/C/Java) with excellent English / grammar skills and some experience of software / API documentation or an experienced author with an interest in coding - ideally C++, C or Java.
You will be working closely with the software developers and support team and will need to quickly become familiar with a plethora of industry and software language specific terminology.
• Taking all technical input from the development staff and other technical sources
• Understanding the documentation requirements of internal staff, resellers and end-users
• Maintaining all help and other technical documentation
• Managing release notices so that all software updates are accurately described and recorded
• Good experience producing technical documentation for Linux or Android based products.
• An understanding of networking technologies or experience documenting C, C++ or Java APIs would also be highly desirable
• have the ability to communicate complicated issues and procedures clearly
• have a passion for producing timely, literate, aesthetic, error-free documentation
• can master new concepts and technologies quickly
• are an approachable team player, but conscientious and capable when working alone
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Experience as a technical author/technical writer in a company that produces sophisticated software products
• Good university degree
• Understanding of modern software development techniques and standards
• Starting salary £25K to £40K depending on experience plus an extensive benefits list
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Technical Author, Technical Writer, Software Technical Author, Linux Technical Author, Technical Reporter, Software Developer will be considered for this role