|Job Ref:||204709786||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelsea||Address:||Salary:||£31000 - £32540/annum Impressive||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
CALLING ALL Maintenance Operative (Mechanical) IN- HOUSE BENEFITS|
Department/Estates Facilities/Maintenance Section
Qualifications/Served a recognised apprenticeship and attained an appropriate Technical qualification
• To be an experienced building services technician with a proven track record
• Excellent team skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure.
• Knowledge of BMS systems to fault diagnostic level, Trend systems being an
• Be medically fit to carry out Manual work, work at heights, and confined
• PC Literate.
• To make a major contribution to the technical excellence and successful performance of the Estates Facilities function
• Experience of electrical systems and fault finding
• SFG20 maintenance job plans
• IOSH qualified
• Working in a Research environment
• Concept Evolution
• Able to demonstrate experience of maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems related to buildings operations
• Demonstrate a working knowledge or experience of the following systems:
oControl systems i.e. actuators, sensors
oVentilation systems, Heating , Cooling and Fresh Air
oCompressed Air systems
oSmall scale mechanical installation works
oPublic health infrastructure
oHWS & CWS Storage and distribution systems
oPlate Heat Exchangers
• Able to demonstrate a team player philosophy and contribute towards its success
• Able to demonstrate customer service skills
• Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to resolving problems
• Able to demonstrate a dedicated approach to supporting the customers operation
• Ability to plan and manage workload effectively
• Must have full command of written and spoken English
• Able to work to tight deadlines, managing and prioritising time effectively
• The postholder will aspire to excellence in all of his/her professional activities
• The postholder will be able to relate to other members of Maintenance and Estates Facilities functions and be able to take part in group activities such as group meetings
• The postholder will be able to present himself/herself to academic departments with authority and coherence
• The postholder will have experience of assisting and management of 3rd party suppliers
• Understanding of relevant legislation and quality standards
• Self-motivated with an ability to use own initiative