|Job Ref:||204708959||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||HSE Officer||Address:||Salary:||£34000/annum + Pension + Healthcare||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:06|
HSE Officer - Automotive - Northampton |
Salary: £34,000 + Pension + Healthcare
Can you offer a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification and experience of ISO14001 or EMAS implementation within an Automotive Manufacturing or Automotive Engineering environment? This HSE Officer role will see you co-ordinate the HSE functions, liaise with nominated HSE contacts and ensure that policies, procedures, training and systems are in place.
Core duties for this HSE Officer will include:
- To facilitate site improvements through identifying opportunities for improvement and lead or support project team based initiatives.
- To identify and define standards and regulations and facilitate appropriate policies, procedures and work practices.
- To facilitate training in HSE issues and ensure training records are maintained.
- Ensuring that the business activities comply with standards and regulations, audit. performance against internal and external standards and assist preparation of Action plans to address issues.
- Co-ordinate, develop, maintain, support the HSE Management Systems.
- To ensure that all HSE policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- To ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to environment, health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure that key performance indicators for HSE performance are collected and analysed and that appropriate action is taken by the Operational teams to improve performance.
- Support the operational management teams on specific projects requiring HSandE advice.
- Establish a full programme of documented HSE inspections, audits and checks.
- Co-ordinate and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate and distribute minutes for the HSE meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Monitor legal developments, ensure action plans are in place and the company complies with current legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities, certification bodies and customers, etc. on matters related to the company's HSandE performance.
- Liaise with the company Occupational Health provider on health related issues.
- Promote energy / waste minimisation and co-ordinate Environmental Management Programmes.
Interviews are being booked for the role now so if keen to learn more about the role please contact Kelly King on (Apply online only) or email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency