|Job Ref:||204708829||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Van + Tablet + Holidays + Pension||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:06|
This is an established role within the Company, working closely with the existing Compressed Air Team dealing with the on site commissioning, maintenance and repair of industrial stationary air compressors and associated equipment. This may involve complete strip downs and over-hauls on client machines at client sites. |
• To work within the team as a key member being responsible for the service and repair of customer's industrial compressed air equipment, e.g. Compressors (Screw, Vane & Reciprocating) and Dryers (Refrigeration & Desiccant) this is mainly Atlas Copco, CompAir and Hydrovane.
• Service, Repair and Maintenance of Industrial Stationary Air Compressors and Associated Equipment in accordance with current regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and industry standards.
• Complete strip downs and over-hauls on client machines
• Communication with the Line Managers/Senior Engineers regarding progress and/or requirement of any additional works that may be required after assessment
• Preparation & submission of accurate, detailed and legible reports on the work carried out - using both paper and electronic reporting methods.
• Preparation and submission of any certification as required.
• Submission of parts & labour advice for any extra work required.
• Other duties may include delivery/collection of equipment & parts and also assisting other engineers both in the workshops and on site.
• Attend 'call out' to client sites outside normal working hours as required.
• Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the client and the Company.
Person and Essential Skills
• Good engineering skills, particularly with knowledge of all types of industrial air compressors and associated equipment (not portable compressors)
• Working knowledge of compressor electrical and control systems.
• Extensive Engineering experience and/or recognised qualifications.
• Must be able to work within strict time-frames and on own initiative.
• Good communication skills with ability to discuss engineering issues with Customers, Works Engineers and senior personnel within companies.
• Full UK driving licence (or European Equivalent - Std Licence up to 3.5 tonnes)
• Basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken.
• Ability to fit in as part of the team.
Other desirable skills
• An understanding of basic compression principles including flow, pressure and volume.
• An understanding of drying & filtration principles.
• Ability to read drawings
• Electrical fault finding abilities