|Job Ref:||204708765||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£30000/annum £30,000 plus benefits||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:06|
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer|
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £30,000 + benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our prestigious client has an immediate requirement for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team based in Derby.
Please note that this is a permanent night shift position working 40 hours per week, Sunday to Thursday 9.30pm to 6.00pm. Salary is £30,000 plus benefits, some of which are listed below.
This is an additional position to an existing team of engineers who are responsible for the planned and reactive maintenance of machinery.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces; British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF). Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Electrical Engineering qualification and have basic mechanical skills.
- Perform routine, planned and preventative maintenance on our client's equipment.
- Perform breakdown repairs.
- Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required.
- Pro-actively work within a team.
- Ensure good house-keeping at all times, ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy.
- Make suggestions to improve working practices.
- Order spare parts and ensure stock locations are maintained and kept in an orderly fashion.
- Assist in the development and training of others in the department.
- Comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety policy.
- Strong electrical engineering background.
- Hold a relevant electrical qualification, ideally C&G 236 Level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience within a service / maintenance role possibly gained within a high volume production facility.
- Sound communicator.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
- PLC and Inverter experience.
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and gas experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- £30,000 annual salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer contributory pension.
- Healthcare plus health insurance plus childcare vouchers.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company