|Job Ref:||204708199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35 - £38/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
I have a long term contract to work with a leading design consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of commercial projects in London. They are currently seeking a senior mechanical engineer (building services) who has strong fit out experience to assist on a number of projects based in Central London.|
The role will involve:
* Producing drawings and specifications.
* Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
* Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
* Acting as project leader on selected projects
* Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
* Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
* Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
* Over time, developing the ability to become a point of contact for key clients.
* Helping generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients.
* Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
* Client facing work.
* Working closely with others in a team environment.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
* A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
* Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
* Client interaction skills.
* Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
* Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
* Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
* Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE)