|Job Ref:||204708075||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£30000/annum + Full Benefits Package||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:23|
Position: Maintenance Engineer|
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hour working week will be Sunday to Thursday (9.30pm to 6.00am) Full-time - nights
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer for a worldwide market leading business that provides Technology for the Washing and Laundry industry.
With experience well over 60 years they offer its customers the complete product range of industrial washing technology. With the product areas washing technology, flatwork technology, garment technology and cross system technology, this business is internationally active in 51 different countries and world market leader in the area of industrial laundry technology.
You will be required to provide maintenance, breakdown and support engineering to customer owned equipment on site. This particular opportunity will be based in Derby at one of their client's premises, you will join an existing team already on site and ensure the laundry operates as efficiently as possible day and night, seven days a week.
• Perform routine, planned maintenance on all customer equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies.
• Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to report known issues/ faults and to ensure they are effectively dealt with and closed out.
• Perform breakdown repairs on customer machines.
• Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required.
• Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to close out jobs, or complete necessary remedial works.
• Provide support to cover small maintenance works on the buildings where required.
• Pro-actively communicate with all team members, supervisors and manager at start and end of shifts to ensure all are aware of completed maintenance/ repairs and outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
• Ensure good house-keeping at all times, ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy.
• Make suggestions to improve working practices.
• Order spare parts and ensure stock locations are maintained and kept in an orderly fashion.
• Assist in the development and training of others in the department.
• Work with the customer to prioritise workload in order to maximise production whilst minimising adverse effects on machinery and ensuring safety.
• Comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety policy.
• Electrically competent (City & Guilds 236 Level 3) or equivalent.
• Working with customers
• Knowledge sharing and development
• Maintaining a high volume production line to ensure productivity is maximised
• Working in a high pressure environment
• Electrical testing and logical fault finding processes
• Minimising breakdown time
• Professional and courteous attitude
• Keeps calm under pressure
• Willing to seek assistance when needed
• Able to work in a team
• Able to communicate with personnel at all levels and explain self clearly
• Has ability to think on their own and use initiative
• Desire to learn
• Pro-knowledge sharing
• Willing to use time effectively to advance understanding of the equipment
• Willing to question colleagues and customers to broaden knowledge
Desirable (but not essential)
• Knowledge of Safe Systems of work
• Spirax Sarco Steam training
• Confined Space
• Supervisory Skills
• Working at Height
• Manual Handling
• Fire Safety
• Equality & Diversity
• ACOPS, gas safe
• Inverter & PLC experience
• Laundry equipment experience
• Steam plant
• Compressor plant
• Knowledge of fluid power systems
• Training and development of others including apprentices
• Hydraulics & Pneumatics
• Understanding of wiring diagrams
• Gas experience
For further information on this opportunity please call Leigh on NA or email your CV