|Job Ref:||204708070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:06|
Job Title: Project Manager (J42254)|
Duration: 9 months+
Assystem are currently recruiting for a Project Manager Engineer to work in Warrington on a nuclear related project.
Assystem work on a number of projects that typically encompass the complete design life cycle from enquiry through to commissioning and handover of the final project requirements; many involving new and novel solutions to today's engineering problems. You will be involved in nuclear and scientific projects for prestigious customers such as AWE, Sellafield Ltd, Rolls-Royce, EDF and ITER.
This project is in the detail design phase and the AXIOM consortium is responsible for the delivery of the detail design, however there are other workscopes e.g. XOMOX valve procurement for which the client have retained full delivery responsibility and this project manager will lead aspects of these.
Project Manager will
* Report to the client Project Manager
* Look after category management and XOMOX valve procurement
* Drive the construction phase to the next level
* Manage modularisation.
They will need to lead and advise all parties on all aspects using appropriate strategy and tactics for design delivery based on their demonstrable experience and impressive interpersonal skills.
This plant is essentially a water treatment process and it would be beneficial to demonstrate familiarity with development of such plants either within or out with the nuclear arena.
Be able to demonstrate:
* Working in a client's team and demonstrate good technical knowledge in areas of mechanical, modular design, construction and supplier management
* Considerable understanding of the detailed interactions between disciplines and balanced requirements for design leading to construction with an expertise in one or more specialist areas in engineering discipline,
* Management and commercial understanding
* Execution of NEC3 contracts
* Knowledge across engineering functions
* Custodian of resources
* A record of successful delivery, influencing professional engineers, and provision of strategic guidance across a portfolio of projects and programmes
Timeline and Duration
This placement will last approximately 6-9 months however there may be a possibility that this placement will continue longer beyond the detail design towards EPC execution. Therefore experience and track record of delivery through detailed design is also essential.
Qualifications and Affiliations:
Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in a suitable discipline such as Project Management or other relevant engineering qualification.
Chartered or other equivalent appropriate Professional Qualification such as APM would be preferred.
Post graduate industrial/practical experience of designated skill set possibly within the nuclear industry but certainly within a related transferrable industry such as the oil and gas processing/refining sector or water treatment arena for examples.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken some of our projects will require applicants to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance. If you have the drive, determination and willingness to be flexible and would like to be part of this exciting innovative company, please forward your CV to