|Job Ref:||204708044||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hillingdon||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Mechanical Building Services Engineer - Heathrow|
A fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work with a global engineering and design consultancy that specialise in complex infrastructure, process and built environments. They offer integrated solutions for clients across the energy, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, public, transport and utility services sectors.
You will interact with various internal and external contacts for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Working closely with the Senior Engineer, as a key member of the Mechanical services design team, you will play an integral role in the development of an industry leading team.
Mechanical Engineer (building services) Description:
- Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the client brief
- Design and specify all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
- Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically mechanical building services guidelines, standards and regulations
- Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
- Ensure quality of delivery.
- Ensure thorough checking.
- Contribute to bids as requested
- Prepare for internal design reviews.
- Undertake all actions identified in design review.
- Undertake design for a wide range of project types and sizes.
- Take a flexible approach to the delivery of design solutions
- Communicate with the departmental management to ensure that resource requirements are clearly understood.
- Develop relationships with preferred suppliers.
- Contribute to departmental development when requested to do so.
- Provide feedback on where departmental development would benefit project delivery.
- Proven track record in mechanical services design, in particular the following market sectors:
- Commercial and mixed use
Qualifications and Skills of Mechanical Building Services Engineer:
- Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for mechanical services equipment and installation design and management
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering design studies and working systems
- Demonstrate the technical capability and communication skills to support a project definition
- Ability to develop designs from RIBA A through to F2
- Ability to understand and approve technical calculations performed by junior engineering staff
- Competent writer of letters, quotations, proposals, presentations and reports
- Experience of low carbon engineering, preferably a CIBSE LCC or energy assessor
- Experience of designing to achieve BREEAM ratings
- Practical experience on-site (Resident Engineer or similar role) would be helpful
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us at (url removed)/candidate-registration