|Job Ref:||204707843||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £52000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Job Title: Principal | Associate Bridge Engineer|
Salary: £45K - £52K
We are a leading multidisciplinary engineering, design and consultancy company working from 24 countries around the world, with almost 1,000 staff across the UK. We currently have a fantastic opportunity and looking for a highly experienced Principal or Associate Engineer to join our Bridges Team in London.
1. Coordinate project research including site surveys and site inspections.
2. Prepare bid and contract documentation.
3. Prove ability in financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation.
4. Proven ability in different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects.
5. Manage actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service.
6. Attend team meetings providing feedback on your/company development.
7. Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety (including CDM Regulations), quality, and training.
1. A recognised practitioner in the subject matter of the assignment and able to work independently.
2. Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage assigned staff on the project.
3. Responsible for the competency assessment of staff involved in the project.
4. Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously.
5. Established relationships with individuals from other organisations, generating market intelligence and new business opportunities.
6. Able to prepare single discipline bid documentation (in association with other disciplines) and to have the skills necessary to present the company at interview.
7. Will have gained full membership of an appropriate professional institution.
8. Will have a proven record as a competent Project Manager on a number of projects.
9. Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly, and to be recognised as able to influence people (staff and clients).
10. Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups.
May also include the secondary role as sector leader with the following responsibilities:
1. Primary responsibility for intelligence gathering for the particular market sector.
2. Primary responsibility for coordination and maintenance of marketing material for the sector.
3. Monitoring and compiling data for a particular area/sector including project portfolios, fee data, specific design codes and criteria, feedback within the area/sector.
4. Attendance at area/sector external functions/seminars/conferences, etc.
5. May also include management responsibility in a location/team.
6. Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage staff in a location/team.
7. Responsibility for the pastoral and commercial management of a small team in a location.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn